Amongst a great turnover, the final countdown has begun for the students who are attending the Advanced Level Examination this year. If you have still not prepared, there is still a little time to prepare yourself to pass the examination. This is the time where students and even parents start to panic even if you feel you are prepared.
Exams are unavoidable in a student’s life, but if you have the correct tips to study and preparation, you can get through your exams. Students maybe referring to notes but nothing will remain in their head if their study technique is not effective. Every minute counts and here are our top study tips for students to be on track to face the examination confidently.
Preparations for the exam
- Find out the dates of your exams and write it down on paper and attach it somewhere you constantly look at. This technique constantly reminds you about your exams.
- Prepare yourself a timetable for studying and other activities. Allocate slots to dedicate yourself completely to studies so there will be fewer distractions.
- Prepare short notes. This is one of the effective study techniques most students use. Using short notes to study is easy and help you remember the syllabus.
- Revising past papers and answering them. Some questions from past papers can reappear in your exam paper or similar ones to get familiar with the structure of the paper and questions.
- Do not stress yourself on the week of your exam. Many students do not eat and sleep due to the stress of it or stay up all night to study. This is not good for your health as well. You need to face your exam with plenty of sleep and food and confidence.
However, it is high time to put aside all the things that can waste your time which includes playing games, watching movies and being on social media and focusing completely on your studies. It is a small sacrifice to pay if you want to shine in your exam with extra ordinary results. In the meantime, take some to relax, maybe work out or go for a walk outside and not stress yourself too much during this period.
Exam tips – on the day of Examination
So, you have revised and prepared for the big day. Don’t worry if you feel a little nervous – that’s natural. Follow a few more simple tips to stay relaxed and get the best possible exam results.
- Stay calm and take deep, even breaths.
- Read the exam paper completely before you start.
- Plan your time.
- Move on to the next question if you get stuck.
- Read the questions carefully and make sure you answer each one properly.
- Sip fresh water throughout the exam.
- Check each answer, particularly if you finish early.
Hope these tips will be helpful and Good Luck with your upcoming Examinations!